CALL FOR APPLICATIONS Content Analysis
“Cultivating Media Independence Initiative Activity in the Kyrgyz Republic”
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: December 25, 2017, 12:00 pm
Open to: Research companies with content analysis experience
Internews in the Kyrgyz Republic announces a tender among research companies to conduct content analysis of six Key Partner organizations’ major programs as well as online content.
- Background information
Despite the progress made in recent years, Kyrgyzstani media outlets still face challenges in adopting the professional market approach needed to grow their audiences and their revenues, and in working with other media stakeholders to advocate for a more enabling legal environment. To respond to this need and strengthen the professionalism and independence of media in the Kyrgyz Republic, FHI360 and Internews with the support of USAID have launched the Cultivating Media Independence Initiative Activity in the Kyrgyz Republic (Media-K) project.
The project goal is to ensure that citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic have greater access to diverse and balanced information, are less vulnerable to media bias, and are empowered to make better-informed civic decisions that reflect their communities’ priorities to best serve the public interest.
It is planned that content analysis will allow to track changes in the quality of content as a result of interventions made under the framework of project.
- Purpose and Objective
Conduct content analysis of six Key Partner organizations’ major programs and online content to track changes in the quality of produced content and online resources. The content analysis will be conducted twice during Year 1 of the project. The first content analysis results will serve as a baseline for content improvement targets for each Key Partner, and the second round of analysis will be conducted at the end of Year 1 to track changes in the quality of programs and online materials.
- Terms of contract
Two rounds of content analysis will be performed in Year 1: once in January-February 2018, and again in July-August 2018.
- Methodology and technical approach
A detailed methodology will be developed by the vendor and shared with Internews’ project team for approval. In addition, Internews will provide a content analysis scoring rubric, which uses a 5-point scale to assess content based on criteria such as accuracy, balance, and clarity.
- Scope of activity
Conduct two rounds of content analysis of 180 online publications and 96 information TV programs including news in Kyrgyz, Russian and Uzbek of six Key Partner organizations to:
- Observe compliance with professional journalistic standards (accuracy, balance, and clarity);
- Monitor the usage of multimedia elements and various innovative formats; and
- Monitor the programs for multi-language and gender inclusiveness criteria.
- Development of detailed methodology
- Two Draft reports
- Two Final reports
Vendor Application Requirements
- At least 5 years of practical experience in conducting content analysis and/or media monitoring using modern methods of analysis, data processing, and preparation of reports (submit description of previous work in chronological order).
- Availability of necessary resources - human, technical, financial and organizational - for the successful implementation of goals and objectives under the contract (submit resumes of key experts).
- Provide contact information of previous partners and customers.
-Price quote for two rounds of content analysis for six key partner media organizations
All application documents must be submitted via email to KG-Info@internews.org with the subject line “Content Analysis” by 12.00 pm on December 25, 2017.