Universal Journalism School will be held in Bishkek
The Internews Representative Office in Kyrgyzstan announces the competition for participation in the 10-day Universal Journalist School, which will be held possibly online in July.
Universal Journalism School is a training course for those seeking to acquire real practical skills and work in cross-platform media.
The training will be conducted in the Kyrgyz language by media trainers from Kyrgyzstan, and masterclasses from well-known foreign media experts will also be provided.
In the school program:
- Applying knowledge and skills in the production of journalistic content to different platforms and channels of communication;
- Ability to combine video, text, audio, infographics, and other formats in one multimedia material (publications);
- Understanding the needs of the target audience;
- Application of international standards and ethics of journalism in practice;
- Digital and physical security;
- Respect for the rights and obligations of journalists.
Universal Journalism School is open to aspiring journalists and TV cameramen from Kyrgyzstan, both staff and freelancers who plan to work in the media and post content on various platforms simultaneously.
To participate in the competition, you must fill the application before 18.00 June 10, 2021.
ATTENTION! The participants from the regions will be provided with accommodation and meals by the organizers. Participation in the Universal Journalist School is expected to be full-time within 10 days.
If you are not sure to have this intensive study, do not fill out the application.
The application must be accompanied by:
Resume (CV) and portfolio; A letter from the head of the media about the possibility of the applicant’s participation in the entire 10-day training program from the beginning to the end.
Those who will pass the first selection stage will be invited to an online interview (Zoom).
Selected participants will be informed about the interview by an additional letter to the e-mail address indicated in the application.