Media-K new three-year project focuses on the development of independent media in Kyrgyzstan
The Representative Office of Internews in Kyrgyzstan invites you to the launch of an exciting new project, “Cultivating Media Independence Initiative” on November 10, 2017, at 17:30. Known as Media-K, the new three-year project focuses on the development of independent media in Kyrgyzstan.
In partnership with FHI360, Internews will be implementing the media- assistance project that is supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The project is focused on improving citizens' access to diverse and balanced information that helps people make informed decisions and reflects the public interest. Media-K will seek to enhance the professionalism and independence of media in the Kyrgyz Republic.
In order to fulfill the project objectives, Internews will:
- Stimulate the market for domestic production and increase hosting of more engaging multimedia content to enhance advertising revenues
- Increase the revenues of key media partners through strengthened business practices, including use of audience research
- Award grants to produce high quality digital content and innovative formats that respond to audience demand and increase access to diverse and balanced information
- Award fellowships on data journalism
- Partner with private sector to introduce people-meter audience measurement system
- Host an annual media conference to bring together professionals from independent media outlets and internet-based information agencies for master classes, a media fair and more.
In addition, Internews will host Media Super Star Awards, a new prize for significant achievements in TV and online content, innovations in media, advertising and journalism.
The official presentation of this exciting new project is on November 10, 2017, at 17:30 at the Business-Centre «Victory» (103 Ibraimova str., conference-hall, 12th floor). Join Elina Karakulova, Country Director, Internews Kyrgyzstan, and Cory Johnston, USAID/ Kyrgyz Republic, for a presentation and a Q&A session about the project.
To register, and for any questions, please contact [email protected] or call +996 705 817178.